Wednesday 17 February 2010

38 - Writing music #4

Spotify playlist - 'writing'
This has to be the number one thing I listen to when I write now. It's not a cleverly crafted playlist in which I've obsessed over the order of every song. It doesn't just feature certain genres or indeed only songs I specifically associate with writing. It started off that way, but it soon evolved. I added various songs I hadn't heard for years in that Spotify way. Songs I wanted to listen to as I wrote.

Nine times out of ten when I'm redrafting my novel I'll be listening to this playlist. As bizarre as some of the selections might appear, I've been writing to it for so long that each of these tracks gets my fingers typing, even the screaming melody of In Flames's 'Take This Life.' Wizard.
  1. The Awakening - York
  2. Offshore - Chicane
  3. Now We Are Free - Hans Zimmer & Lisa Gerrard
  4. Saltwater - Chicane
  5. Adagio For Strings - Tiƫsto
  6. Big Love (live) - Lindsey Buckingham
  7. Edge Of Seveteen - Stevie Nicks
  8. All Along The Watchtower - Eddie Vedder & The Million Dollar Bashers
  9. All Along The Watchtower - Francis Lockwood
  10. Never Had It - Flobots
  11. Bullets - Tunng
  12. Bandages - Hot Hot Heat
  13. Sweetness - Jimmy Eat World
  14. The Boys Of Summer - The Ataris
  15. Huddle Formation - The Go! Team
  16. Take This Life - In Flames
  17. Trojan Horse - Bloc Party
  18. Sway - Lostprophets
  19. The Boxer - Simon & Garfunkel
  20. 747 (We Ran Out Of Time) - Kent
Listen to it here if you desperately want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment